I'm A Celeb: Richard Madeley hints at 'clash' with campmates
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Richard Madeley is one of the famous faces who will be entering the I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! camp this weekend. Ahead of his entrance, the 65-year-old Good Morning Britain host lashed out at former celebrities who have “gotten into a terrible state” over bushtucker trials. In a recent interview, the presenter vented his fury about certain celebrities who “clearly don’t want to be there”.
Richard Madeley has railed against celebrities who “start wailing and moaning” while competing on the ITV programme but admitted he will miss wife Judy Finnigan when he is in the show on their 35th wedding anniversary.
The presenter is one of the 10 celebrities who will brave the cold and rain as the show returns to Gwrych Castle near Abergele in North Wales this weekend.
Richard will be joined the likes of journalist Louise Minchin, former Strictly judge Dame Arlene Phillips, comedian Matty Lee and singer Frankie Bridge in the Welsh castle.
Ahead of entering the camp, Richard said: “I love watching I’m a Celebrity, Judy and I both adore the show, so interesting and funny.
“But when I watch it, and occasionally from time to time, I won’t name any names, you see a ‘celebrity’ who clearly doesn’t want to be there and they get themselves into a terrible state.
“They start wailing and moaning and they’re moaning about the hunger and moaning about the trial, and you go, ‘Well what the f*** did you go in for?’ Surely you understand what this programme was.”
The 65-year-old added: “I’m sure they’ll be nobody there this time like that but I can never understand celebrities who from the moment they arrive start complaining because it’s meant to be a challenge.”
Despite hitting out at celebrities who have protested about taking part in challenges, Richard opened up about his greatest fear which could be an issue.
The veteran presenter revealed his biggest worry on the show will be any trial that involves heights as it is one of his major phobias.
However, he said he almost wants there to be a challenge involving a great height so he can “face it down” and overcome it.
The star also admitted he will miss his wife while competing on the show, revealing it will be the longest time the pair will have spent apart from each other.
He said: “I’ll miss her a huge amount. I spend every day of my life with her, I’m working with her or in the house, so I’m already feeling strangely kind of dislocated. She’s my right arm, and she’s not here.”
The couple, who had their own chat show titled Richard And Judy for many years, have been married since 1986 and are due to celebrate their 35th anniversary on Sunday when the next series lands on ITV.
Richard said he gave Judy an anniversary present before he left for Wales but was not allowed to bring in anything from her.
The presenter joked that his wife “wasn’t exactly doing back handsprings of delight” when he posed the idea of joining the series but said she believed it would bring him “pleasure” and “stimulation” and agreed he should go for it.
The flagship series is returning to Wales for a second year due to ongoing coronavirus travel restrictions, preventing filming at its usual location of the Australian jungle.
Appearing on Good Morning Britain via a recorded video earlier this week Richard revealed he’d been isolating for 10 days in a cottage near the castle ruins.
Other celebrities joining Richard include Radio 1Extra DJ Snoochie Shy, football star David Ginola and Emmerdale actor Danny Miller.
The series will be presenter by Geordie duo Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! starts on Sunday (November 21) at 9pm on ITV and ITV Hub.
Source: Read Full Article