THE Crown's Emma Corrin has claimed she pities the Royal Family and and would "run a mile" if invited to join them.
The actress who is set to play Princess Diana in series four, says the family are in what she describes as an "impossible situation."
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
She spoke to the Radio Times about her new role on The Crown and her thoughts on the Royal Family.
"I’d run a mile if anyone in the Royal Family asked me to marry them!
"I’m indifferent to the royal family really, but I do feel sorry for them. We know what happened to Diana. It’s an impossible situation."
Perhaps the 24-year-old was destined to play the popular Princess, as she recalled a running joke at her school that her mother was Diana.
She commented on her admiration for the former Princess of Wales, adding: "So I grew up incredibly fond of this woman, as were most of the British public.
"My mum was very affected by the tragedy of someone who was so generous with their love being taken so suddenly and unfairly."
She added: "Diana had been raised in a very aristocratic family and she knew the rules of the game, she knew exactly what she was doing at Balmoral when she was flirting with Philip…
"She knew she was there to impress. She had this shyness to her that I think was authentic, but she was also naturally charming and she knew it."
Emma then boldly claimed: "I wouldn’t go so far as to say she was manipulative, but almost."
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
As the 1970s are drawing to a close, Queen Elizabeth (Olivia Colman) and her family find themselves preoccupied with safeguarding the line of succession by securing an appropriate bride for Prince Charles (Josh O’Connor), who is still unmarried at 30.
As the nation begins to feel the impact of divisive policies introduced by Britain's first female Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (Gillian Anderson), tensions arise between her and the Queen which only grow worse as Thatcher leads the country into the Falklands War, generating conflict within the Commonwealth.
While Charles’ romance with a young Lady Diana Spencer (Emma Corrin) provides a much-needed fairy tale to unite the British people, behind closed doors, the Royal Family is becoming increasingly divided.
Series four of The Crown will be released on Netflix on Sunday November 15
Source: Read Full Article