Britain’s Got Talent: Amanda Holden teases Simon Cowell return
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Simon Cowell called time on The X Factor earlier this year after confirming the talent show would not be returning after its 17-year run. Instead, ITV viewers will be treated to a brand new show later this year, hosted by Maya Jama.
It has recently been claimed the game show will air for just six episodes over the space of a week.
On Sunday, it was reported Simon would be replaced by Take That singer Gary Barlow, as the 62-year-old takes a step back from his judging role.
An insider told The Sun: “This might come as something of a surprise to viewers as they associate Simon’s shows, namely X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, with Saturday night telly.
“But Walk The Line is very much a mid-week show, in a similar vein to the BGT live finals.”
“Except the live final of the new game show may not even fall on a Saturday — ITV schedulers have yet to decide,” they concluded.
According to the publication, Simon has decided to take a break from his TV duties to spend more time with his partner Lauren Silverman and their seven-year-old son Eric.
He added: “This is a situation where I have decided it is right for me to focus on my role as the Creator and Producer as we build-up to the hugely exciting launch.”
The Britain’s Got Talent judge went on to praise Gary and said he “will do a fantastic job”.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Maya Jama (@mayajama)
In September, Maya confirmed she would be fronting Simon’s new ITV show.
Sharing a picture of herself with Simon on Instagram, the caption read: “Good news gang.
“From watching talent shows made by this man growing up to hosting one myself on big bl**dy ITV is honestly a dream.
“I don’t want to get all deep on here but the journey has been a mad one and I am so so grateful for the opportunity and excited for this next chapter.”
“Walk The Line…coming soon…[be right back] I’m going to scream off my balcony,” the presenter concluded.
Maya will join Gary on the new format which sees musical acts given the opportunity to win £500,000.
A range of musicians including soloists, choirs and bands will compete for the prize.
Each evening, the two acts deemed the best will have to decide whether to cash out of the competition or ‘Walk The Line’ to move on to the next stage.
The longer an act stays in the competition, the larger the prize pot and the harder the decision will be.
Speaking about her new role, Maya said: “If someone said to me, describe your dream job. It would be this!
“I literally couldn’t be more excited to be working with Syco, Lifted Entertainment and the incredible team at ITV on Walk The Line.”
Express.co.uk has approached ITV for comment.
Walk The Line will debut on ITV later this year.
Source: Read Full Article