Little Mix insist they will continue as trio for 'a long time' and have planned seventh album and new The Search series

AFTER Geri Halliwell left the Spice Girls and when Zayn Malik quit One Direction, their bands didn’t last much longer.

But Little Mix are determined to buck the trend and follow in Take That's successful footsteps after Jesy Nelson decided to leave.

They are already planning new music as a trio for early next year and will also start to explore solo projects, just as Gary Barlow and the lads have done.

I revealed last month how all four girls had been meeting managers, agents and industry bosses about solo plans, but remaining Little Mix members Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Perrie Edwards and Jade Thirlwall insist that won’t spell the end of the beloved British group.

Some fans are saying the trio may only stay together until the end of their Confetti tour next year.

Questions remain over whether that will go ahead in April due to the ongoing pandemic but they have made it clear they are raring to make more music in 2021, their tenth year as a group, and beyond.

A music insider said: “Speculation is rife that Jesy’s departure will spell the end for Little Mix but if they were going to split up, they would have said that this week.

“The tour could have just been cancelled if Perrie, Leigh-Anne and Jade didn’t want to carry on, but they adore Little Mix and all decided they don’t want this to be the end.

“There is a new single featuring the three of them ready to go early next year, as well as other tracks, and there could even be a seventh album before 2021 is over.

“They are also in advanced talks about doing a second series of their BBC1 singing competition The Search.

“Perrie, Jade and Leigh-Anne are all interested in doing solo music and other projects but realistically those probably won’t start until 2022.

“Take That are proof bands can continue to thrive even without all the members, and that doing solo music during down time for the group can be a success.

“2021 marks a decade of Little Mix and the girls are raring to go for another ten years.”

Jesy’s distance from the group had been apparent for several months before her statement on Monday that she was leaving the 2011 X Factor winners.

She stated she was quitting to do “things that make me happy” in her message on Instagram — which was not liked or commented on by Jade, Perrie or Leigh-Anne.

She was hardly involved in writing the group’s recent No2 album Confetti, while the others had been major contributors.

While promoting the album in November, Jesy also said she had been more content in the first lockdown, as it meant her life was not dominated by the group.

Asked if she was happy, she said: “No, not really. I was happy when the world went into lockdown. It was a pause from all the hectic things. Finally, we could do nothing for days.”

Following the news of her departure fans also noticed she had unfollowed the group’s manager, Sam Cox, on Instagram.

Despite almost a decade in the game, Little Mix’s pulling power is still clear, as yesterday they were named as the most-watched act on video streaming site Vevo this year, with 90.3million views.

They had said in the past that they could not stay together if one member decided to leave. But after a tumultuous year, I’m sure they’re all making the right decision.

Rag'n'Bone to riches

RAG’N’BONE MAN’s name hides his riches, after his fortune topped £5million.

The singer, real name Rory Graham, has seen reserves at his firm rise by £300,000 this year despite not releasing a record or playing gigs.

Much of this is believed to be thanks to his No1 album Human, released in 2017, which has sold more than 2.5million copies worldwide.

This year he also won an Ivor Novello for 2019’s double-platinum hit single Giant with Calvin Harris.

His worth has risen ten-fold since his firm Ne Oublie Ltd – French for Don’t Forget – filed its first accounts in 2015.

He has teased he will return with new music in early 2021. That will top up the bank balance even more.

bizbit

McFLY will play London’s O2 Arena on November 21 in the show One Night Only . . . Again, two years after the one-off gig there that led to their full comeback.

Tickets go on sale to subscribers to the McFly Total Access site at 9am today. General sale is Friday.

  • DRAG Race UK’s Baga Chipz isn’t keen on Coleen Nolan. Baga told the United Queendom podcast: “Me and The Vivienne were at the National Television Awards and we’d been talking about her and she looked at us like something she’d just trod in.”

Dionne raps it up

DIONNE Warwick has shown her star power at 80 – by roping in The Weeknd and Chance The Rapper in a collaboration.

The music legend jokily tweeted about the acts: “If you are very obviously a rapper why did you put it in your stage name?”

And later she asked: “The Weeknd is next. Why? It’s not even spelled correctly.”

But her tweets didn’t put them off, as Dionne has announced a new song with them to benefit the Hunger: Not Impossible aid organisation.

In a video on social media, she said: “I am so excited, I can’t tell you. The Weeknd has agreed to join Chance The Rapper and myself on our song Nothing’s Impossible.

“I’m still on a mission to end foolishness by 2021. It looks like @theweeknd and @chancetherapper are joining me. Who’s next?”

bizbit

NICK GRIMSHAW’s appearance on Radio 1 made Noel Gallagher feel ancient.

The DJ has revealed the Oasis frontman knew his older brother Andy, who also used the nickname Grimmy.

Nick said: “At the time my brother was going out in Manchester and he was friends with the HAPPY MONDAYS and Oasis when they were forming.

“After years and years had passed, when I was living in London and I’d just started on Radio 1, I’d be like ‘Hi, it’s Grimmy’. I guess it was when I was new.

“Noel texted my brother and said, ‘Some k***head on Radio 1 is calling himself Grimmy, you better sort that out’.”

Nick added on Clara Amfo's This City podcast: “My brother was like, ‘Yeah, that’s our Nick’. And Noel was like, ‘Nick? Nick’s eight’. He’d known me when I was a little kid. Noel was like, ‘He’s on radio? That means we’re f***ing well old then’.”

Harry no to shows

FANS banking on seeing Harry Styles in the coming months have had their hopes dashed after he postponed his European tour for a second time.

He tweeted last night: “Everyone’s health and safety remains our top priority, which is why I unfortunately have to postpone my UK and European shows planned for Feb/March 2021 until further notice.

“I really hope to play these shows and will have news for you in the New Year on when they will take place.

“I can’t wait to see you all on the road as soon as it’s safe to do so.

“Treat people with kindness.”

Despite postponing his Love On Tour shows, Harry is still intending to get back on stage in the US in August.

It's a mad outfit

MADISON BEER knows a thing or two about how to catch the eye.

The US singer wore this shredded outfit for a performance of her song Selfish, which went live on Vevo today.

The track will feature on her long-awaited debut album Life Support. It is now set to be released on February 26, having been seven years in the making.

She signed her first record deal aged 13, in 2013, after Justin Bieber bigged up her cover version videos on YouTube.

Last Friday she put out her latest single Boys**t which will also feature on her album.

With a title like that, she obviously doesn’t mince her words – even though her clothes look like they have been through the mincer.

Jingle bell shock

JAMES Corden invited viewers into Santa’s twerkshop where he performed an X-rated song with rapper Megan Thee Stallion.

In the skit for The Late Late Show, the pair sang Savage Santa, a take on her No1 Savage.

They rapped: “I’m Santa, make your north pole tingle, bells are gonna jingle, bi*ch.”

I’ll stick to Mariah Carey to soundtrack my Christmas.

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article