I’m A Celebrity ‘signs Mo Farah’ for Olympic hero’s first reality TV appearance

Sir Mo Farah is believed to be swapping the comforts of his family home in London for the grizzly Welsh mountains of Abergele.

The Olympic runner is said to have signed up to participate in the upcoming series of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

Mo, 37, is believed to be going into isolation this week as he gears up to swap the running track for Gwrych Castle, where a fresh load of celebrities will be throwing themselves into the deep end.

Britain's most celebrated Olympian is set to be put through his paces as he faces the infamous Bushtucker Trials.

Speaking to The Sun, an insider said: "Mo's been a big fan of the show for years and was just waiting for the right time in his career to do it.

"He obviously has an excellent level of fitness and mental focus so will be great at the Bushtucker Trials and will be a positive addition for keeping up team morale for campmates – especially as a lot of the celebs are worried how cold it will be."

  • BBC's Victoria Derbyshire 'signs up' to compete in I'm A Celebrity's first UK series

The mole went on to say that the Somalian born athlete is nervous about facing the gruesome trials as well as being separated from his loved ones.

"He thinks it'll be an amazing experience and the opportunity of a lifetime.

"It's a massive coup for producers to bag Mo for the series. Everyone's really excited about the signing and think he'll be a hit with viewers," they added.

  • I'm a Celebrity to introduce 'new medieval theme' ahead of Welsh castle location

Those taking part in I'm a Celeb are said to be going into isolation this week, with the show reportedly returning to screens on November 15.

Other names believed to be heading into the idyllic Abergele mountains include Russell Watson, BBC broadcaster Victoria Derbyshire, dancer AJ Pritchard, Coronation Street actress Beverley Callard and presenter Vernon Kay.

The show was recently thrown into doubt after Wales announced they would be entering a stricter lockdown period, closing the country off.

IAC bosses have been fighting to get the show on-air despite a raft of new Covid restrictions in Wales.

Further travel chaos was inflicted when the Welsh government decided to close the borders to tourists earlier this month following an increase in the number of positive coronavirus cases.

Newly implemented rules mean that only those working in Wales can enter the country via the borders with Chester and the M4 bridge.

However, as the reality show is classed as a place of work, celebrities and the crew working on the show will be allowed to travel to Gwrych Castle in Abergele.

A statement released via the official Twitter account for the historic castle read: "Following the announcement today from the First Minister, the overriding message is that filming can continue in Wales providing related activity cannot be undertaken from home, and there is full compliance with Welsh law.

"We cannot wait to see I'm A Celebrity on our screens!"

Daily Star Online has approached ITV for comment.

  • ITV
  • Im A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
  • Olympics

Source: Read Full Article