I’m A Celeb bosses try to save show as new Covid rules puts stars into lockdown

The new I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! series which is due to start filming in the coming weeks could be in doubt due to new coronavirus rules.

Today it was announced that as of midnight on Saturday London and Essex were moving to Tier 2 lockdown like Manchester.

Manchester, London and Essex are the three most popular areas in the UK for celebs to live, including I'm a Celeb hosts Ant and Dec, who call South West London their home.

The line-up for the show, which is due to take place in North Wales, is still to be announced but Londoners Andi Peters, AJ Pritchard, and Tamzin Outhwaite are tipped to be featuring on it.

Wales' First Minister Mark Drakeford today warned those living in England's Tier 2 and 3 areas will not be allowed to cross the border into the country as of 6pm tomorrow.

And if any area in England merges into Tier 3 territory, people aren't allowed to leave the area for any reason like for I'm a Celeb filming.

If contestants and hosts are restricted to their local area, or banned from Wales, they won't be able to continue with filming.

When asked by Daily Star Online if the new series was in doubt, an I'm A Celeb rep said: "I'm A Celebrity continues to adhere to all relevant guidelines as well as our own strict Covid protocols."

  • Couple with 40-year age gap don't care what people think as sex is 'wonderful'

A show insider also told The Sun that ITV will "stop at nothing" to get the show on our screens in November as planned.

They said: "ITV bosses are working hard to get the show to air and there have been a lot of meetings behind the scenes on how they can make things work. They're determined for the show to go ahead, as long as it's safe."

Earlier this week it was claimed bosses are preparing to cancel the upcoming series and reschedule to next year due to fears there could be another full lockdown in the UK, according to reports.

  • Reddit users expose most savage replies from 'nice guys' after rejecting them

Due to Covid restrictions in Australia, the 2020 instalment of the hit reality series is set to be filmed in North Wales.

It is believed the contestants will be based in the eerie ruins of Gwrych Castle near the picturesque town of Abergele.

Now it is claimed ITV producers are concerned if cases continue to rise in the UK stricter covid rules could be introduced – resulting in a ban on filming.

A source said: "It has been a huge concern to the casting team as well as producers.

"The possibility of postponing the series and rescheduling to early next year was given due consideration.

"But rescheduling isn’t a viable option as the casting involves set dates in contracts for talent."

They told the Sunday People: "A contingency plan is being put into place but it’s unlikely they will be able to postpone to 2021.

"In the worst-case scenario this year’s series will have to be cancelled."

Source: Read Full Article