Geordie Shore babe Abbie Holborn has revealed that she thinks the MTV show is still popular after almost a decade on our screens because it’s more relatable then reality programmes like TOWIE.
The 22-year-old Newcastle native makes an explosive return to the Geordie Shore house in the latest series of the MTV hit show, which airs next week.
Despite originally joining the cast in 2017 and starring in seven seasons of the Jersey Shore spin-off series, Abbie confessed that things were a lot different filming series 20.
Speaking exclusively with Daily Star Online, she said: “It was really good going back in.
- Geordie Shore's Chloe Ferry lands her own MTV show to rival Charlotte Crosby
- Geordie Shore star Chloe Ferry flaunts curves in tight outfit at charity gala
“It was a lot different this time this time round because I had taken a break from filming and was only part time last series.
“The girls in the house had already built strong bonds with each other so I felt like an outsider at times but it was still nice to have Nathan.
“I’m also in a relationship now so maybe that made a difference too.”
The latest series sees Geordie OG James Tindale head back into the house after he originally left the show in 2015.
- Vicky Pattison shares dazzling bikini pic with inspiring mental health message
- Geordie Shore's Chloe Ferry stuns in tiny G-string amid Sam Gowland tattoo drama
He has made a few cameo appearances since but this time he’s back with a bang.
Speaking about meeting James, Abbie said: "I’d never met James before this series and I really got on with him.
“I think the house was missing an alpha male.
“He surprised me actually. I thought he was going to be dead cocky but he was really nice.”
- Vicky Pattison's towel betrays her in cheeky Ercan Ramadan snap
- Geordie Shore's Chloe Ferry channels inner dominatrix amid Sam Gowland drama
After nine years of tashing on, getting mortal and taking on the Toon, a lot has changed for the Geordie Shore gang.
Series 19 welcomed newbies Beau, Bethan, Nat and Tahlia to the Geordie Shore house and they seem to have made themselves at home in the latest series.
Bethan and Beau continue their reign over the S*** Pad, but a relationship is never smooth sailing, and defying that curse is seemingly an impossible challenge for the pair, especially when familiar face Abbie returns to the house full time.
Abbie necked on with Beau last series which caused tensions between the Geordie family.
- Geordie Shore's James Tindale flaunts incredible transformation years after show exit
- Geordie Shore's Scotty T and Stephen Bear to face off in MMA celebrity brawl
Brunette babe Abbie said: “No one knew I was going back in to the house for the latest series.
“They were all really shocked. I could see by their faces.
“Bethan was shocked. Most of them couldn’t believe it.”
Chloe Ferry and on-off boyfriend Sam Gowland are also back for series 20.
- Sam Gowland crops ex Chloe Ferry out of picture in brutal takedown
- Vicky Pattison shares hilarious video as she gets 'non-invasive Botox' facial
The lovebirds are no strangers to a lovers' tiff and this series we’ll find out what really went on behind those headlines.
Despite keeping tight-lipped about Chloe and Sam’s current relationship status, Abbie confirmed that this series is the most dramatic to date.
“Oh my god, there’s loads of drama,” she revealed.
“It’s not just relationship drama either it’s friendship drama and it’s the most explosive series I’ve been involved in.”
- Vicky Pattison branded 'a breath of fresh air' for discussing weight loss battle
- Geordie Shore babe Charlotte Crosby stuns with intimate bedroom snap
When asked the secret behind the show’s success, Abbie put it down to the relatable cast members.
She said: “I think it’s because it’s not like TOWIE when they have their hair and makeup done and then get told to do a scene.
“We do all our own hair and makeup and you see us mortal on a night out and laying in bed hungover the morning after and people can relate to that.”
Abbie’s jagerbomb-loving Nanna Christine is also back for a surprise appearance this series and the Geordie babe is eyeing up another reality TV stint alongside her grandmother.
- Geordie Shore’s Joel Corry shocked at female attention after releasing new track
- Charlotte Crosby hints at Dancing On Ice debut as 'star line-up confirmed'
“I’d love me and my nanna to do Celebrity Coach Trip,” she said.
“I love it and I think we’d be really good on it.
"She does make an appearance in the new series of course."
Abbie confirmed she was dating Charlie Gratton earlier this year.
Geordie Shore returns to MTV on October 29 at 10pm
- Geordie Shore
Source: Read Full Article