General Hospital Actor Steve Burton Admits It Hurts After Being Axed Over Vaccine Refusal

The Jason Morgan depicter on the ABC series says in a video he shares on his social media page that choosing not to get vaccinated is about ‘personal freedom’ to him.

AceShowbizSteve Burton has confirmed that he’s axed from “General Hospital” after refusing to get COVID-19 vaccination. The actor admitted that the firing “hurts” him when speaking out about the issue on his social media account.

“I wanted you to hear it from me personally,” the Jason Morgan depicter said in a video that he shared on his Instagram account on Tuesday, November 23. “Unfortunately, ‘General Hospital’ has let me go because of the vaccine mandate.”

Steve further explained, “I did apply for my medical and religious exemptions, and both of those were denied. Which, you know, hurts. But this is also about personal freedom to me.” The 51-year-old then stressed that he doesn’t agree with ABC’s decision to institute a mandate when other soap dramas on competing networks, including NBC’s “Days of Our Lives” and CBS’ “The Young and the Restless“, have yet to install such protocols and rely on social distancing at the moment.

“I don’t think anybody should lose their livelihood over this,” Steve added. However, he expressed his gratitude as saying, “I’ll always be grateful for my time on ‘General Hospital.’ I love it there, I grew up there.”

Steve then said that he’s hopeful to reprise his role. “So, I am excited to see what the future brings, and maybe one day if these mandates are lifted, I can return and finish my career as Jason Morgan. That would be an honor,” he told his fans and followers.

“I don’t know what my last air date is, it may have aired or it might be tomorrow or the next day, I’m not sure,” Steve continued. The TV star concluded his video by wishing his fans a happy Thanksgiving. In the comment section of his post, Ingo Rademacher, who exited the show earlier this month, wrote, “Well said my friend.”

Steve’s firing from the ABC show has been circulating on the internet for weeks. Back in August, “The Last Castle” actor tested positive for COVID-19. He said at that time that he believed he was “exposed at work.”

Source: Read Full Article