KATIE Price is getting stronger day by day and hopes to try and return to work next week, The Sun can reveal.
The 43-year-old pulled out of an appearance at an awards show on Friday after admitting to friends she wasn’t ready to face the world.
Instead she’s planning to spend the Bank Holiday with her family and close pals who have rallied round in the wake of Monday’s alleged attack.
But last night a source said Katie is getting stronger day by day.
“She’s been through hell,” the pal said. “But her family and friends have rallied round and been amazing.
“Katie’s actually really proud of the decision she made not to attend the Awards show.
“In the past she might have jumped right back in but Katie is trying to be kind to herself and try to get her head round what’s happened.
“It’s been tough but day by day she is getting there now. Katie is strong and will come through this.
"Her management team have told her there’s no rush to return to work but Katie would like to get back to normal as quickly as she can and if she can get back to work for a bit next week she will.
“She’s also thinking about jetting off for a few days away next month to get some more time and space.”
Earlier this week the Sun revealed how Katie is planning to beef up security around her by putting a ring of steel in place.
"Katie is considering getting a security team in place and has spoken to guys she has used in the past," an insider said.
"She is also thinking about getting a dog and a panic alarm so that she feels even safer. Katie's priority is feeling safe and making sure her and the kids are in no danger and she'll do anything to make sure that's the case."
Katie was due to appear at the British LGBT Awards on Friday, but decided she was not up to it.
She has been left in excruciating pain and is unable to sleep after allegedly being assaulted in her home on Monday.
The 43-year-old was left with a battered and bruised face and aggravated foot injuries from a horror fall last summer as she fled the property.
Talking exclusively to The Sun after the alleged attack, Katie said: "I've got a big bruise, my face is all puffy and I went to hospital. I'm still all dazed.
"I'm devastated. I've told the police that I was assaulted and am in shock that this happened."
Essex Police confirmed that a man had been arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour.
He has since been released on conditional bail until September 20 pending further investigation on all three counts.
Friends of Katie said she believed going to court for another high-profile hearing would risk her mental health.
A pal said: “This is a nightmare situation for Katie.
“She absolutely stands by her account of events of that night given to police, but upon reflection isn’t sure she’s mentally strong enough to go through yet another court appearance.
“She doesn’t want to be dragged through the mill, and her private life scrutinised by all and sundry. Katie doesn’t see any other way out.”
It means the case against the mum of five’s alleged attacker could be dropped within days.
A police spokesman said: “We have a duty of care to gather all evidence relating to this case and our inquiries continue.”
A source close to the probe said investigators will be engaging with Katie in the coming days.
Source: Read Full Article