Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have been "left devastated" since Prince Andrew's car-crash BBC Newsnight interview, says royal expert Camilla Tominey.
The royal commentator revealed her thoughts about Prince Andrew's royal children, Beatrice and Eugenie, following his "disastrous" Newsnight interview – believing they've been upset by "everything" that's happened since.
It comes as the Duke himself has been served with Jeffrey Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre's sexual assault lawsuit in the United States – with Andrew's legal team claiming he hadn't been properly served the papers in the UK.
Appearing on ITV's This Morning on Tuesday (21 September) – Camilla spoke to hosts Phillip and Holly about Andrew's family and how she thinks the princesses have been dealing with all of the chaos surrounding their dad Andrew.
Speaking about Andrew's family, Camilla said: "I think the fall-out from this ongoing saga, your heart has to go out for his daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie, who by all accounts are really lovely, very grounded, down-to-earth girls that are trying to get on with the rest of their lives.
"But I don't think it's an understatement to say that they've been left devastated by everything that's gone on since that disastrous Newsnight interview."
Prince Andrew appeared on BBC Newsnight back in November 2019, where he was grilled by presenter Emily Maitlis about his friendship with Epstein.
Prince Andrew denies all allegations against him.
Virginia Giuffre's legal team claimed the had sent the civil lawsuit to the prince's lawyer in Los Angeles, Andrew Brettler, by email and FedEx – and that both had been received by Monday morning.
Prince Charles’ 'last words' to his dad before his death – and Philip’s witty response
Federal rules state that the Duke has 21 days to respond to the lawsuit or he could face a default judgment.
Giuffre's lawers previously said that they had also served Andrew his papers in Britain, but the Duke's lawyers strongly denied these claims as the paperwork was handed to a Met Police officer outside Windsor Castle's main gates.
The prince has not been charged with any crimes, and Ms Giuffre's team seeks unspecified damages in the lawsuit.
The Duke of York has reportedly been staying at his mother's Balmoral estate in Scotland as his daughter Beatrice welcomed her first child into the world.
The One Show's Alex Jones shares sweet breastfeeding snap as she returns to work
Beatrice, 33, gave birth to her daughter – and Andrew's second grandchild – on Saturday – announcing the news on Tuesday.
It is her first child with husband Edo Mapelli Mozzi, 38, and the baby's name has remained unconfirmed as of yet.
Her mother, Sarah Ferguson, is reported to have made the 500-mile trip down to London's Chelsea and Westminster Hospital to see her daughter.
It also comes ahead of the release of the new BBC documentary about Prince Phillip – the Duke's late father – called Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers – which airs tomorrow.
For more of the latest showbiz news from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article