An entire family – including three children – were electrocuted when their catamaran touched electricity lines as they pulled off a beach.
The holidaymakers were returning from a day's sailing in the Spanish coastal district of Ares in A Coruña when the freak accident happened.
The mast came into contact with the lines.
All three children, aged 12, 16 and 18, suffered a severe electric shock and had to be revived by medics at the scene.
They were rushed to the Hospital Arquitecto Marcide in A Coruña and admitted into intensive care.
Their parents were also electrocuted but not so severely.
Police said the mast of the catamaran touched a medium voltage cable as it was being towed away from the beach of Seselle.
Four ambulances rushed to the scene, together with police and doctors, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation started on the three children.
The 18-year-old boy is said to be in a serious condition.
Source: Read Full Article