BRIAN Laundrie sleuths created a garden bunker in an attempt to prove the theory that he could be hiding in his parents' backyard.
Speculation that Brian – the fugitive fiance of slain hiker Gabby Petito – is hunkered down in his parents' garden emerged last week after drone footage purportedly showed his mother Roberta tending to flower beds.
Sleuths claimed the unverified drone footage captured suspicious movements within the flower beds.
Some also wildly alleged they could see a hand emerge from underneath the dirt.
While there is no evidence to support the claim Brian is hiding in the garden, two armchair detectives went to great lengths to show it is possible by building a bunker in their backyard.
Savannah Jane shared photos of the project she undertook with her boyfriend Jay Greene in a Facebook post on Monday.
She said she did it "to show that a 6 foot 3 full a** man can hide his entire body if he needed to … hide from the entire nation for a while."
It took her less than an hour to construct the bunker by herself using only a shovel and some garden liner, she said.
She noted that her backyard in Florida has "all the same conditions of the Laundries'."
The Facebook post has garnered nearly 400 shares and 74 comments – most of them from people casting doubt on whether someone could live in that space for as long as Brian has been on the run.
Read our Brian Laundrie live blog for the very latest news and updates…
The garden bunker claim is one of many conspiracy theories that have gained traction online as the manhunt for Brian drags on.
His disappearance on September 17 sparked an intense wave of speculation as sleuths dug into his past to unearth what they believed were clues into where he may be hiding out.
It also unleashed a flood of alleged sightings and claims that he was staying in contact with his parents through code.
Brian's parents Chris and Roberta were dragged into the spotlight after they reported him missing just two days before Gabby's body was discovered in Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park on September 19.
In the following weeks, questions have continued to mount over how much his parents know about his whereabouts and his potential involvement in Gabby's homicide.
A handful of sleuths have even claimed – without any evidence – that Brian's parents may have killed him after they learned of Gabby's death.
Neither Chris nor Roberta has been officially implicated in the case. Brian is considered a person of interest in Gabby's homicide but has not been named as a suspect.
Brian Laundrie timeline
Brian Laundrie has not been seen since the morning of September 13. Here is a timeline of Laundrie’s latest whereabouts:
- July 2021: Brian Laundrie and his fiancé Gabby Petito leave for a grip across the country. The couple visit numerous national parks across the way.
- August 12: Police in Utah respond to an incident involving the couple. The bodycam footage is not released for another month but it shows a visibly upset Gabby talking to police after reports of a domestic violence incident outside a grocery store.
- August 24: Gabby is seen leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah, with Laundrie.
- September 1: Laundrie returns to his home in North Port, Florida without Gabby.
- September 6: Laundrie joins his family on a camping trip about 75 miles from their home in North Port.
- September 11: Gabby's family reports her missing.
- September 13: Laundrie leaves home to go hiking in Carlton Reserve, Florida. His family had initially said he departed on September 14, but revised their timeline weeks later.
- September 15: Laundrie is named a person of interest in the case of Gabby.
- September 16: Bodycam footage is released regarding the incident between Gabby and Laundrie.
- September 19: The FBI announces a body found at a Wyoming national park is believed to be that of Gabby's.
- September 23: The FBI issued a warrant for Laundrie's arrest claiming he "used unauthorized debit cards after Gabby Petito's death."
- September 26: A funeral is held for Gabby in New York.
- September 27: Dog the Bounty Hunter announces he will lend a hand and help search for Laundrie.
- September 28: Gabby's family held an emotional press conference as the search for Laundrie continued.
- October 5: Laundrie's sister, Cassie, appeared on Good Morning America and urged her brother to come forward.
- October 7: Laundrie's father, Chris Laundrie, assisted law enforcement in the search to find his son.
- October 12: Gabby's autopsy results were made public. Teton County Coroner Dr Brent Blue confirmed Gabby died by strangulation.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article