Piers Morgan, 56, still struggling with long Covid symptoms after getting virus in JULY

Piers Morgan arrives at Tric Awards before picking up best News Presenter

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Piers Morgan was snapped enjoying a trip to the pub to celebrate the announcement of his new TV job on Friday evening. And now, he has hit back at a claim that he was enjoying a “boozy” night out.

The former Good Morning Britain host pointed out that he only had one pint in the pub as he is still suffering with the symptoms of long Covid.

A lack of taste and smell, as well as fatigue, are some of the most commonly complained about issues following a bout of the virus.

Piers said he could barely taste his drink.

The following day, the 56-year-old took to Twitter to share an update with his eight million followers.

The broadcaster recalled his night as he shared the health update.

Posting about his evening, he wrote: “‘Boozy?’ I only had one pint.. and couldn’t taste it.”

The TV star added the hashtag: “#longcovidsucks.”

Many took to the comments section of his post to share their thoughts on the matter.

“Genuine question. Why drink a beer if you cannot taste it?” asked Twitter user GoonerGreggs.

“Genuine answer: feeling the sensation/texture of it is better than nothing. Just,” Piers amusingly replied.

Piers was struck down with COVID-19 this summer.

He believes that he may have contracted the virus after attending the World Cup final at Wembley.

DON’T MISS…
Louise Minchin admits what really pushed her to quit BBC Breakfast [INSIGHT]
Rachel Riley speaks out as Susie Dent gets suspended from Twitter [UPDATE]
Piers Morgan reacts to ‘sad news’ after ITV colleague’s death [INSIGHT]

Months after quitting GMB, Twitter signed a deal to appear on new news channel talkTV, which is being set up Rupert Murdoch’s company News Corporation.

It will be broadcast in the UK, the US and Australia.

Piers spoke of his new role on social media earlier this week.

“BREAKING: I’ve gone home. Great to be rejoining Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation after 28 years.

“The place I started my media career, with the boss who gave me my first big break. We’re going to have a lot of fun…” he went on to add.

He will also write newspaper columns for The Sun and the New York Post.

Rupert said of his new recruit: “Piers is the broadcaster every channel wants but is too afraid to hire.

“Piers is a brilliant presenter, a talented journalist and says what people are thinking and feeling.”

Earlier this year Piers quit Good Morning Britain after being a part of the most complained about moments on TV this year.

He said that he didn’t believe a word that Meghan Markle had said during her explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey and was later seen walking off set during a heated debate with his co-star Alex Beresford when discussing it further.

Piers was later cleared of breaching the broadcaster’s code by TV regular Ofcom.

Source: Read Full Article